With the official start of winter looming in the near future, one of the most important things to examine on your home is its roofing. New England is known for its white winters, and the snow can cause damage to your roof.
If there are missing or lifted shingles or gaps in your roof, you can get water damage in your home, which results in a lot of headaches and expensive repairs. Check your home roof, bi-annually or after the season’s wild weather.
Here is what to pay attention to when you visually inspect the roof:
- Check the flashing (metal around dormers, vents, chimneys) for damage.
- Check the shingles are bare spots. The sand like granules wear off over time.
- Warped wooden shingles/shakes.
- Rusting and corrosion of metal roof.
- Check for broken/missing pieces on slate/clay roofs.
You should be able to tell the overall condition by visually inspecting the roofing, Rhode Island and Massachusetts homeowners should not climb on the roof for safety reasons, especially in the winter. If you are unsure of your home’s roof, contact a roofing inspector.
Time for estimates from roofing companies? Schedule a free estimate now by calling us at 1-800-975-6666 or filling out our online form to the right.