Homeowners know that it can be a real pain to replace old or deteriorating windows. The process involves making a mess, opening a huge hole in the side of your home, and then putting in either hours of meticulous work or a big chunk of cash paying someone else to handle it.
So it’s completely understandable to be tempted to keep costs down by opting for the least expensive replacement windows available instead of energy-efficient windows, which can cost up to 15% more. But choosing high-quality, energy-efficient windows can result in substantial benefits in the long run. Here are a half dozen advantages of energy-efficient windows.
- Better insulation. You might be surprised at just how effective energy-efficient windows are at keeping the outdoor elements at bay and eliminating “hot” or “cold” spots in rooms. They form a barrier against cold weather so that your home stays warm in the winter, and they protect your interior from the blazing heat in the summer so your rooms stay cool and pleasant — even with little (or no) air conditioning.
- Better for the environment. As the name implies, energy-efficient windows allow you to keep your home at a comfortable temperature without your air conditioner or heater needing to work as hard. The result is lower energy usage, meaning that your home requires less power that is generated by fossil-fuel sources like coal or natural gas-fired power plants. And that makes your home much more eco-friendly.
- Lower costs. When you consume less energy heating and cooling your home, that translates into cost savings. But you may not be aware that many municipalities also offer you a significant tax credit for upgrading to energy-efficient windows in your home. Both of these facts represent good news for your household budget.
- Protection for items inside your home. Energy-efficient windows are made with a special coating that blocks out the sun’s ultraviolet rays. These rays have the ability to damage rugs, carpets, wood, fabrics, and furniture when sunlight streams through windows. But since up to 98% of these UV rays don’t enter your home, you won’t see fading or deterioration on your home furnishings, flooring, or accessories.
- Silencing noise. A fringe benefit of highly insulative, energy-efficient windows is their innate soundproofing ability. Because they perform so admirably in sealing out exterior conditions, ambient noise from sirens, railroads, and roadway traffic is reduced considerably. This is especially desirable in modern communities where homes are often built close to one another.
- Reduced maintenance. Because energy-efficient windows minimize energy transfer, the prevalence of condensation buildup is considerably reduced. This leads to a lower risk of mold and a more palatable environment for asthma sufferers. In addition, the UV-resistant coating practically eliminates water spots and dirt buildup on the outside — so you don’t have to waste time conducting spring cleaning maintenance on your windows!
Energy-efficient windows aren’t simply an annoying repair: they’re an investment in the future comfort and upkeep of your entire home. Moonworks is an expert in providing durable, energy-efficient EcoView windows that provide superior performance at a surprisingly affordable price. So give Moonworks a call today at 1-800-975-6666 (or fill out the form on the right of the page) to see how Moonworks can help you make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient.